- Assistant Professor of Business
- Ye Shi has taught at the Maharishi University of Management for five years
Ye Shi was a senior officer in the Taxation Department in China for 10 years, supervised the collection of business taxes, and educated organizational and individual taxpayers on tax codes. She has been working at Maharishi University of Management since 2009, and teaches courses in accounting and lean management.
Ye Shi and Andrew Bargerstock recently co-authored Are We Leaning Away from Standard Costing? This paper has been recognized as the 2017 IMA Lybrand Gold Medal Award winner for the Best Article published in the peer-reviewed Strategic Finance journal.
Shi and Bargerstock also co-authored a management accounting ethics paper that was named IMA’s 2014 Carl Menconi Award: Best Case Study in Business Ethics (title: Watson Water Technologies).
Ye Shi is also a two-time national award winner for Lean Accounting accomplishments (2013, 2016).
- MBA, Maharishi University of Management, IA, USA
- Certified Management Accountant, CMA, USA
- BA, Accounting and Taxation, Hebei University of Economics and Business, China
Ye Shi’s areas of research interest include topics in managerial accounting, lean management and sustainable management.