- Associate Chair, Physiology and Health
- Director of BS Program in Maharishi Ayurveda and Pre-Integrative Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Physiology and Health
- Liis Mattik has taught at the Maharishi University of Management for seventeen years
Liis Mattik, PhD, is a natural, holistic, preventive health care practitioner-educator-scientist. She has been teaching, training, educating, overseeing curricula, and consulting people in methods of Maharishi AyurVeda for more than 20 years in university and public sectors.
Professor Mattik has been giving individualized recommendations for maintaining or improving health and preventing or reversing aging by utilizing pulse diagnosis, diet, digestion, nutrition, herbs, minerals, essential oils, color therapy, yoga asanas – body postures, pranayama – breathing therapies, prevention of disease, seasonal purification programs including Pancha Karma, and Transcendental Meditation program.
She has been overseeing and developing the curricula for Maharishi AyurVeda Wellness Consultant Training and Pre-Integrative Medicine program as Director of the Bachelor of Science Program and teaching Maharishi AyurVeda and Maharishi Vedic Science courses: Science of Creative Intelligence; Self-Pulse for Good Health; Maharishi Yoga Asanas; Diet, Digestion and Nutrition; Prevention; Dravya Guna Materia Medica – medicinal effects of food items and herbs; Anatomy and Physiology; Discovery of Veda and Vedic Literature in Human Physiology; Ayurvedic Diagnosis and Treatment of Diseases.
Professor Mattik loves to interact with students and teach them life-altering wisdom of our ancestors which has become scientifically verified in this age of modern science and technology. She enjoys seeing how students are benefiting from Maharishi AyurVeda – the Science of Life, and growing in happiness and health in their personal lives. Students have given her two awards for her efforts.
- 2005 – 2011 Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Ph.D. in Physiology
- 2002 – 2004 Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
M.S. in Physiology and B.A. in Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care
- 1997 – 2000 Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
M.A. in Science of Creative Intelligence
- 1991 – 1996 Maharishi Vedic University, Tatarstan, Russia
B.S. in Biology with specialization in Maharishi AyurVeda
- 1996 Maharishi AyurVeda Health Consultant and Health Educator
- 1990 Teacher of Maharishi Transcendental Meditation program
- 1990 – Maharishi Vedic University, Moscow, Russia
Teacher of Maharishi Transcendental Meditation program to 700 people
- 1990-1996 – Maharishi Vedic University, Tatarstan, Russia
Instructor of Maharishi Vedic Science Courses; Teacher of Maharishi Transcendental Meditation program;
- 1997-1999 – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
International Admissions Representative
- * 2002 – received Ideal Administrator Award from students
- 1999-2010 – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Director of Ladies Resident Hall
- 1999-2005 – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Instructor of Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care; Maharishi AyurVeda Health Consultations in Student Maharishi AyurVeda Consultation Center
- * 2006 – received Maharishi Award for Information and Inspiration from students
- 2005-2008 – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Director of First Year Program and Academic Adviser; Instructor of Maharishi Consciousness-Based Health Care; Maharishi AyurVeda Health Consultations for Campus Health Center
- 2008-2014 – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology and Health; Maharishi AyurVeda Health Consultations for Campus Health Center
- 2014-Present – Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield IA
Associate Chair, Department of Physiology and Health; Director of BS program in Maharishi AyurVeda and Pre-Integrative Medicine; Assistant Professor of Physiology and Health; Maharishi AyurVeda Health Consultations in Campus Health Center
- “Effect of the Transcendental Meditation Program and Health Education on Allostatic Load: Promoting Normal Aging” Dissertation Information Service, 2011 http://books.google.com/books/about/Effect_of_the_Transcendental_Meditation.html?id=SBdEtwAACAAJThe study is a first-time attempt in this field to see the effect of the combination of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Transcendental Meditation, health education, and exercise on aging. Paper (221 pg.) provides very interesting details of the origins and practices of Ayurveda. It includes a comprehensive review of the body of research in the areas studied. Findings suggest that changing lifestyle with the Transcendental Meditation program and health education of diet and physical activity may reduce overall allostatic load in hypertensive African Americans.
- “How Maharishi Ayurveda promotes happiness and wellbeing in an individual” Journal of Natural and Alternative Medicine, Tallinn, Estonia, 1997
- “Advantages of Maharishi AyurVeda in Holistic Medicine,” 1997 Alternative Medicine Conference Jurmala, Latvia, 1997
- 2006 – received from MUM students Maharishi Award for Information and Inspiration
- 2002 – received from MUM students Ideal Administrator Award
Development Office ♦ Maharishi International University ♦ 1000 North 4th Street ♦ Fairfield, IA 52557
email@example.com ♦ 641-472-1180 Monday-Friday, 10:15-4:30 CST
Maharishi International University, a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation since 1988, is designated to receive charitable gifts.