- President, Maharishi University of Management
- Honorary Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy and Professor of Physics, Maharishi University of Management
- President, David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace
- Minister of Science and Technology, Global Country of World Peace
- President, Global Union of Scientists for Peace
- AB summa cum laude, Physics, Dartmouth College
- MA, PhD, Physics, Harvard University
- Doctorate of World Peace, Maharishi University of World Peace
- John Hagelin has taught at the Maharishi University of Management for thirty-two years
World-renowned quantum physicist, educator, public policy expert, proponent of peace, and scientist of consciousness, John Hagelin is professor of physics at Maharishi University of Management.
He helped develop a highly successful grand unified field theory based on the superstring. For this work he was named winner of the prestigious Kilby Award, which recognizes scientists who have made “major contributions to society through their applied research in the fields of science and technology.” The award recognized Dr. Hagelin as “a scientist in the tradition of Einstein, Jeans, Bohr and Eddington.”
He has helped bring the Transcendental Meditation technique to hundreds of thousands of at-risk children and adults — from inner-city school children to veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress to prisoners to active-duty servicemen and woman. He has significantly increased public awareness of the benefits of the TM technique for addressing critical problems in crime, education, and more.
As a leading proponent of world peace, Dr. Hagelin:
- is Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy, a leading science and technology think tank
- is International Director of the Global Union of Scientists for Peace, an organization of leading scientists throughout the world dedicated to ending nuclear proliferation and establishing lasting world peace
- has shown that large meditating groups can effectively defuse acute societal stress — thereby preventing violence and social conflict and providing a practical foundation for permanent world peace.
For the last quarter century, Dr. Hagelin has investigated the nature and origin of consciousness, including higher states of human consciousness, and has spoken on this topic and major national and international conferences.
Dr. Hagelin received his A.B. Summa Cum Laude from Dartmouth College in 1975. After completing his PhD at Harvard University in 1981, Dr. Hagelin joined the theoretical physics groups at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN) and the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), where he became actively engaged in fundamental research at the forefront of supersymmetric unified field theories.
Dr. Hagelin then joined the faculty at MUM, where he established a doctoral program in elementary particle physics and unified quantum field theories. Dr. Hagelin has been published extensively in the area of supersymmetric unified quantum field theories in journals such as Physics Letters, Nuclear Physics and The Physical Review. He has appeared many times on news shows such as ABC’s Nightline, NBC’s Meet the Press and in major metropolitan newspapers including the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times.
Watch Dr. John Hagelin