- Professor of Management
- Jane Schmidt- Wilk has taught at the Maharishi University of Management for twenty years
Jane Schmidt-Wilk is Dean of Teaching and Learning, Director of the Center for Management Research at MUM, and former editor of the Journal of Management Education. Her publications explore the role of development of consciousness in business and management education.
Jane Schmidt-Wilk teaches courses in management and organizational behavior, qualitative research methods, communication skills, teaching, and academic writing. The students of Maharishi University of Management honored her for her teaching excellence with the Teacher Appreciation Award in 2005 and again in 2009.
Dr. Schmidt-Wilk has been Editor of the Journal of Management Education (JME), the leading journal in this field, since July 2005, and serves on the editorial boards of several other academic journals in the field of management. As editor of the Journal of Management Education, she invited “Management Education in the Context of Poverty” and “Sustainability Across the Management Curriculum,” two special issues that were published in 2008 and 2009, respectively.
She also edited a special issue of the Journal of Social Behavior and Personality on the applications of Maharishi Vedic Science to developmental psychology, health and aging, business management, consciousness and peace studies and public policy that was published in 2005 in honor of Dr. Charles N. Alexander.
Dr. Schmidt-Wilk is an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors of the OBTS Teaching Society for Management Educators, a member of the Academy of Management and a member of the Midwest Academy of Management. She has made numerous presentations at these and other professional conferences.She and her husband Martin Schmidt live in Fairfield, where he is Director of the MUM Library.
- Professor of Management
- Director, Center for Management Research
- Co-Director of the PhD in Management program
- PhD, Maharishi University of Management
- MBA, Maharishi International University
- BA, Oberlin College
- Herriott, E., Schmidt-Wilk, J. and Heaton, D. (2009). Spiritual dimensions of entrepreneurship in Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program practitioners. Journal of Management, Spirituality and Religion, 6, 195-208.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J. and Fukami, C. (2010). Relevance With Rigor: Stories From the Journal of Management Education. In C. Wankel and R. DeFillippi (Eds.) Being and Becoming a Management Education Scholar, the. seventh volume in the Research in Management Education and Development series. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Heaton, D. & Schmidt-Wilk, J. (2008). Leadership Development through Development of Consciousness. In G. Biberman and L. Tischler (Eds.). Spirituality in Business: Theory Practice and Future Direction (pp. 125–140). London and New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Broome, R., Orme-Johnson, D. W., & Schmidt-Wilk. J. (2005). Worksite stress reduction through the Transcendental Meditation program. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 17(1), 235–276.
- Heaton, D.P., Schmidt-Wilk, J., & Travis. F. (2004). Constructs, Methods, and Measures for Researching Spirituality in Organizations. Journal of Organizational Change Management, Special issue on Researching Spirituality in Organizations, 17(1), 62–82.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J. (2003). TQM and the Transcendental Meditation program in a Swedish top management team. The TQM Magazine, 15, 4, 219-229.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J. (2000). Consciousness-Based Management Development: Case Studies of International Top Management Teams. Journal of Transnational Management Development, 5(3), 61-85.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J., Heaton, D. P., & Steingard. D. (2000). Higher Education for Higher Consciousness: Maharishi University of Management as a Model for Spirituality in Management Education. Journal of Management Education, Special Issue on Spirituality in Contemporary Work: Its Place, Space, and Role in Management Education, 25 (5), 580-611.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J., Alexander, C. N., & Swanson, G. C. (1996). Developing Consciousness in Organizations: The Transcendental Meditation program in Business. Journal of Business & Psychology, 10, (4), 429-444.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J., Alexander, C. N., & Swanson, G. C. (1995). Introduction of the Transcendental Meditation program in a Norwegian Top Management Team. In B. Glaser, (Ed.), Grounded Theory: 1984–1994, (pp. 563–150; 587). Mill Valley: CA: Sociology Press.
- Schmidt-Wilk, J. & Swanson, G. C. (1993). Creating a Learning Organization by Developing the Learner. Proceedings of the Midwest Division, Academy of Management, Indianapolis, IN. (36th Annual Meeting) April 15-17. pp. 119-120.