- Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Lester has taught at the Maharishi University of Management for sixteen years
- BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Parallel Computing, Programming Languages for Multi-Core Processors
- Dr. Lester has six years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer developing client/server database systems and internet websites for Primus Telecommunications, an international long-distance telephone company.
- He also has thirteen years of experience teaching computer science: two years at Princeton University, and eleven years at Maharishi University of Management.
- Dr. Lester founded the Computer Science Department at MUM and served as Chair for eight years.
- The Art of Parallel Programming (Adopted as a course textbook by 62 universities) First edition: Prentice Hall, 1993. Second edition: 1st World Publishing, 2006.
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award for “The 2011 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing” held in London, U.K., July 2011. This conference was part of the annual World Congress on Engineering sponsored by the International Association of Engineers.
Development Office ♦ Maharishi International University ♦ 1000 North 4th Street ♦ Fairfield, IA 52557
firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ 641-472-1180 Monday-Friday, 10:15-4:30 CST
Maharishi International University, a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation since 1988, is designated to receive charitable gifts.